Executive Director, INTO Drew University
DREW University is accepting applications for this position from internal candidates at this time.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Suffolk University, Illinois State University and the University of Arizona.
The Executive Director for INTO Drew University will report to the Board of Directors with strong day-to-day reporting relationship to senior leadership at INTO North America. The Executive Director has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost at Drew University.
INTO Drew University is a joint venture between Drew University and INTO University Partnerships and is an initiative to increase the number of international students at Drew University and to assist the university in meeting its internationalization goals.
This position will provide dynamic, consistent and motivational leadership to develop the center such that it reflects the goals and values of Drew University and INTO University Partnerships and promotes the delivery of a world-class customer and stakeholder experience. In addition, this individual will ensure the efficient operation of the Center while maximizing Center enrollment and rates of progression to the University. The Executive Director will be expected to travel to other INTO centers in the U.S. and the U.K., to attend meetings in different parts of the world and to support the recruitment of students by visiting key regions from time to time to meet with parents and educational agents.
Key accountabilities and duties
INTO Drew University’s mission is dependent on our ability to deliver an exceptional overall experience and education to students supported by the INTO Drew University Center. The Executive Director will be responsible to deliver its strategic and operational objectives. Their performance in this role will be assessed using a series of measures now launched as the “Power of Five” (“P5”). The 5 Key elements are:
- Student Recruitment & Retention - Contribute to marketing and recruitment through participation in events in the US and overseas.
- Student Success - Ensure the effective management of quality teaching and learning.
- Student Satisfaction - Promote and deliver an outstanding student experience and provide a safe and productive learning environment that is engaging and fulfilling for all students.
- Employee Engagement - Provide a culture of performance management and team building to achieve the objectives within the Center mission and to attract, retain and develop quality employees.
- Center Financial Performance - Monitor overall financial performance through the efficient management of resources and operational functions within the established budget.
In addition to the responsibilities of this position outlined above, the following responsibilities are also included:
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including key university personnel and colleagues within the INTO University Partnerships network.
- Play a lead role in proposals to enhance or add new academic programs and ensure that the INTO Drew University Center remains competitive in market.
- Manage effective deployment of resources to achieve the maximum return on investment while maintaining the highest of standards for the delivery of academic programs and student support.
- Oversee INTO Drew University employees to provide strategic direction and leadership and ensure successful daily operations of the Center.
- Participate as a member of the INTO North America Senior Management Team.
- Participate as a member of the academic leadership team at Drew University, interacting frequently with executive and senior leaders across the university.
- Deliver effective presentations to the university, the INTO Drew University board and INTO senior management as requested or necessary.
- Ensure activities meet the organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care. Support and develop other existing or potential Centers within the INTO University Partnership network.
- Other duties as assigned, or as responsibilities change and develop over time.
This position is located at Drew University in Madison, NJ.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package included.
· Master’s Degree
· Experience working in Higher Education or in an education-related field as an academic or administrator
· Proven record of leadership delivering strategic, financial and operational objectives
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial planning, risk management, marketing, student support, staff development and training, human resources issues, and facilities management
· Experience directly managing budgets over $1 million per annum
· Experience working in an international context or for an international organization
· Experience in developing and driving best practice standards across organizations
· Experience creating a performance management culture that promotes the attraction, retention and development of quality employees
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal resources
- Ability to ensure the delivery of a strongly supportive environment to enable all students to fulfill their academic potential
- Ability to reconcile the twin imperatives of delivering high quality academic programs in a university context, while working for a “for profit” organization and maintaining an efficient business operation
- Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to influence and motivate others to attain high goals
- Ability to deploy and manage resources effectively with efficient priority and time management
- Ability to delegate management tasks and empower others
- Ability to foster an open, fair and equitable culture and to manage conflict
- Ability to give and receive effective feedback and act to improve personal and organizational performance
- Ability to maintain sound judgment and decision-making even when under pressure
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Competent IT and analytical skills
· Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
· PhD or equivalent
· Knowledge of and/or experience with international student programs such as ESL and academic preparatory programs
· Previous private sector senior management experience with demonstrated P&L responsibility
· Experience working within a joint venture and/or a highly matrixed organizational structure and working with multiple stakeholders
· Experience living and working overseas
· Knowledge of another language
How to apply
Please submit to the link below
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Please apply by Friday, October 29, 2021, for full consideration.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, a successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. These positions are subject to a background check.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.