Assistant/Associate Dean of Enrollment Management
Drew University is seeking an Assistant/Associate Dean of Enrollment Management for Transfer Recruitment in the Office of College Admissions. This is a 12-month position reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Management. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience. The Assistant/Associate Dean is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of a recruitment plan for transfer students and undergraduate non-degree students in the College of Liberal Arts. The Assistant/Associate Dean will be responsible for creating a plan to hit the aggressive targets for Drew’s transfer student population. Candidates should be able to build concrete relationships and partnerships for the institution, as well as have a a vision for the marketplace of the future.
- Develop the overall and annual strategy to grow the Transfer Student population in the College of Liberal Arts. This will include assessing and evaluating the current program and finding areas for growth.
- Advise on the recruiting model from acquisition to yield and assist in creating scholarship and financial aid awarding strategies to maximize enrollment
- Create systems to remove barriers for transfer students into the University, including transcript evaluation, onboarding and entrance into Drew’s LAUNCH programs.
- Implement strategies and develop relationships with “feeder programs” to create a steady and reliable stream of transfer students to Drew. This will include both domestic and international students.
- Develop and lead the transfer student subcommittee of enrollment management to create an effective working group to enhance recruitment, retention and graduation of transfer students.
- Collaborate with campus partners to create a transfer friendly on-campus experience. This will include partnering with advising, orientation, campus life and others.
- Utilize assessment data to routinely evaluate and enhance Drew’s efforts.
- Manage staff toward accomplishing the numerical and experiential goals of the transfer student program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Enrollment Management.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred. Candidate’s with a bachelor’s degree and appropriate level of experience will be considered.
- Four to 10 years of experience in college admissions, enrollment management, or a related field. Preference will be given to candidates who have direct experience working with transfer students.
To apply, submit the following materials.
- Cover letter
- Contact information of 3 professional references
Please apply by September 30, 2021. Application review will be on a rolling basis as applications are submitted; early applications are encouraged.
About Drew University:
Drew University, located on a beautiful, wooded,186-acre campus in Madison, New Jersey, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Theological School, and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. It has a total enrollment of more than 2,100 students with 145 full-time faculty members. Over 35% of our undergraduate students are from underrepresented groups, and we were recently ranked 19th among baccalaureate institutions for the number of international students enrolled. The Theological and Caspersen Schools offer master’s and doctoral degrees, and the College confers bachelor’s degrees in 32 disciplines.
Drew is dedicated to exceptional faculty mentorship and hands-on learning that successfully prepares students for their futures. Students regularly connect with local communities, and because of our proximity to New York City, we are home to multiple New York Semester experiences for our undergraduate students: Wall Street, United Nations, Contemporary Art, Communications and Media, Social Entrepreneurship, and New York Theatre. The University also houses the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti, the Center for Global Education, the Center for Civic Engagement, the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, and the United Methodist Archives and History Center. Drew also recently received a multi-year grant to transform teaching and learning in the humanities by incorporating emerging digital technologies, methods, and pedagogies.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, a successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. These positions are subject to a background check.